Scott Myers shares with us why self-storage outperforms all other asset classes during the current pandemic and why self-storage is an investment for passive investors like you. As an active investor, he focuses on the acquisition, development, and syndication of self-storage facilities nationwide. He currently owns and operates over two million square feet with over thirteen thousand units. The educational arm of his organization, provides courses, tools, live events and mentoring to help others invest in self-storage to develop financial independence, as his saying goes, “free from tenants, toilets, and trash!” He helps to create abundance for all through his mission focus where he built 12 houses in Mexico and the Dominican Republic
- I built my wealth one property at a time and that is the model of wealth-building my company helps others to develop. Where and how did I start my journey?
- What is passive investing vs. active real estate investing and is it possible to passively build wealth through real estate one property at a time?
- What is the basic information and knowledge level that a potential passive real estate investor should know to be successful?
- What are the advantages of focusing on cash flowing real estate investments?
- These are the numbers from a typical turn-key investment (Investment, expenses, NOI, Cash-on-cash return, ROI). 50/50 SPLIT, 20% IRR, 8-10% PREF, 2X MULTIPLE FOR INVESTING IN A SYNDICATED FACILITY
- I encourage investors to invest where the opportunities are, not necessarily in their backyard. All investments carry a level of risk.
What are the risks of investing in SELF STORAGE?
Connect with Scott Call to Action:
For Education and to learn more about Self Storage Investing
Follow us on Instagram @self-storage investing and turn on your notifications.
For investment opportunities check out:
Listen to the podcast here or on your favorite podcast app:
Watch the Episode here:
Scott Myers Bio:
Scott Meyers and his team at Self-Storage Profits Inc. are known as the nation’s leading experts in teaching people how to start and grow their Self-Storage Business. After becoming a penniless landlord in the Single-Family Rental and Apartment business, he began investing in Self-Storage. He “Saw the Light” and quickly sold all his Single-Family Rentals & Apartments to create a small empire of Self-Storage facilities nationwide. His companies focus on syndicating Self-Storage Deals and helping others launch their own Self -Storage Business to enjoy a lifestyle free from Tenants, Toilets, and Trash!
Scott Meyers is the principal in 39 facilities totaling over 12,000 units and over 2 Million sf of Storage. He is also the Founder and President of SelfStorageInvesting.com (Self-Storage Profits, Inc.), a leading Self-Storage education company that offers courses, live events, and mentoring/coaching. His company was started in 2006 for the purpose of acquiring, developing and operating self-storage facilities, and has raised over $60 million in syndicates and private equity partnerships to fuel their growth.
Scott contributes to Forbes Magazine, and is a regular speaker and contributor to Inside Self-Storage, and the Self-Storage Association, and has spoken at over 120 different real estate and investment groups and on dozens of podcasts.