Scott has worked with thousands of investors to move their retirement funds from the stock market roller coaster to stable income producing real estate. Through a self-directed IRA, Scott has shown them how to purchase all things real estate with their IRAs and old 401(k)s- from rentals to rehabs to multifamily syndications!
Listen to the podcast here or on your favorite podcast app:
Watch the Episode here:
- How an individual can tap into their retirement funds (tax-free to invest in real estate)
- What it means to have a truly self-directed IRA
- Why your broker/advisor doesn’t tell you about self-directed IRAs
- What retirement accounts you can use to invest in real estate
- Types of real estate investments held within retirement accounts
- The process for moving funds from a brokerage firm and into a real estate investments
- What are the restrictions for using retirement funds to invest
- Why people choose to self-direct their IRAs
Biography Of Scott Maurer:
Scott Maurer is the Director of Business Development for Advanta IRA, a nationwide self-directed IRA administrator. Scott has worked for Advanta since 2006, helping thousands of people invest in alternative assets (mainly real estate) using their IRAs and old 401ks. Scott is a frequent speaker and lecturer on the topic of self-directed IRAs and has also appeared on many real estate and investment podcasts. Scott is also an attorney and a member of The Florida Bar, although he does not give legal advice to Advanta clients.