Rick Martin is the founder of Fortress Federation Investments, which helps investors accelerate their wealth and build cash flow by investing in apartment communities. He is both a general and limited partner in1600 units around the country, so he fully understands the benefits of passive investing and is able to guide his investors.
- Get your money working harder, so you don’t have to. What does that mean?
- When you begin to replace your W-2, and suddenly don’t have to show up at the office for 8 to 10 hours a day, you almost will feel like, am I forgetting something, because you’ll have extra time.
- Being on both sides of the curtain – the LP and GP – allows me to look through the lens of an investor.
- Pay close attention to the fundamentals of a deal. Why does this deal have legs?
- It’s hard to find a deal that pencils now, and it will only get more challenging with inflation. Don’t underestimate the value of having an off-market deal brought to your inbox with passive investing. Consider also, how many less headaches you will have by not actively managing the asset.
- Once you have chosen an operator and market, make sure you understand how the deal is structured, and how are you being compensated. Is there a good balance between cash flow and upside?
Connect with Rick:
Listen to the podcast here or on your favorite podcast app:
Watch the Episode here:
Rick Martins Biography:
Rick is the founder of Fortress Federation Investments, which helps investors accelerate their wealth and build cash flow by investing in apartment communities. He is both a general and limited partner in 1600 units around the country, so he fully understands the benefits of passive investing and is able to guide his investors.
Fortress Federation focuses on value add opportunities in the Southeast and the South Central US, leveraging partnerships they have developed in those markets. By co-sponsoring deals in multiple markets with multiple operators it helps increase the number of opportunities for his investors.
Rick has led a career in Entertainment and Commercial Advertising, filling clients’ needs, including NBC, ABC, ESPN, Lions Gate Films, and Columbia Pictures. He leans on that experience to help provide educational content for his investors, helping them understand investing in real estate and multifamily syndications,