As an actuary, Eric Martel witnessed firsthand the shift in retirement benefits and urges everyone to focus on passive income. Eric is the author of the book, Stop trading your time for money.
- Why is it important to focus on Financial Freedom?
- Why are people not achieving Financial Freedom?
- Stop focusing on accumulation and start focusing on cash flow
- Align the strategy with your resources in order to achieve your goal
- Take action
Connect with Eric:
Listen to the podcast here or on your favorite podcast app
Watch the Episode here:
I purchased my first apartment building at just 18 years of age while still at university. After graduation, in my position as an actuary, I was dismayed to see hundreds of company pension plans being rolled over into 401(k)s shifting the retirement risk to employees. This made me reconsider traditional beliefs about retirement saving. It also made me question my role as an actuary so I joined the lucrative technology industry.
A few years later, I lost a fortune during the Dotcom crash of 2001 and I started looking for ways to earn passive income and stop trading time for money. I started various businesses, including a gourmet sauce company, but eventually came back to my first love real estate investing and formed MartelTurnkey.
After just a few years of rapid success, I was able to retire from my day job. Now I want to share what I’ve learned so you don’t make the same mistakes I did.
- Bought his First Apartment Building at 18
- Owner of MartelTurnkey with over 100 Multi-family units
- It only took 3 years to become Financially-free & Retire
- Sold 85 Single-Family Rentals in 2019 alone
- Has Over 25 Years in Project Management Experience
- Eric Graduated in Actuarial Mathematics
- Clients get Cashflow from Day 1 Investing with Them
- Published “Stop Trading your Time for Money”