Chris is the Sr. Sales & Education Manager at New Direction Trust Company. Chris educates people on the power of using self-directed IRAs and solo 401Ks. He has been self-directing his own retirement plans since 2007.
Listen to the podcast here or on your favorite podcast app:
Watch the Episode here:
- The IRS allows you to invest in assets outside the stock market. Things like real estate, private equity, precious metals, and private lending.
- You can have complete control of your retirement funds. You are not obligated to use a financial planner, or hope that Wall Street will secure your retirement.
- The IRS gave us an amazing gift. The gift of Tax Free investing via a Roth IRA and Roth 401K
- The Solo 401K is an outstanding vehicle for people wanting to use leverage in their real estate investing
- Mentorship and education is vital to your success. Find a self-directed IRA custodian that will serve that role
- Self-Directed IRAs and Solo 401K plans are very versatile. They can take title to assets, they can partner, they can borrow, and they can lend.
- The IRS has rules about investing with retirement funds. Know the rules, and follow the rules. You don’t want to commit a prohibited transaction
Connect with Chris:
Biography of Chris:
- Education & Sales Senior Manager at New Direction Trust Company. 2018 – Present
- Educated and assisted 100’s of clients on Self-Directed IRAs over the past 9 years
- CEO and Founder of Diverse Retirement Solutions (2013-2018) a Solo 401K Provider
- National Speaker and Educator on self-directed retirement accounts (CE instructor and webinar host)
- Personally utilize self-directed retirement accounts to invest in single family rentals, private loans, tax liens, and apartment syndications since 2007
- Author of “Beat the Traditional Retirement System”
Guest on the following podcasts: “The Real Estate Syndication Show with Whitney Sewell”, “Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever with Joe Fairless”, “The Real Estate Lab with Vee Khuu”, and “The Investor Relations Real Estate Podcast with Jonathan Cattani”