Arleen Garza is co-founder of REEP Equity and REEP Management. Her company has acquired and manages $300 million in assets, and has taken six assets full cycle with over a 2x average return.
• Built her multifamily real estate business with no experience and have grown from 24 units to acquiring 3,000 units ($290 million in assets under management).
• Partnerships are key to my business. What should you look for in a partner?
• Passive investors are the lifeblood of her business and she invest passively. What are key things she has learned that passive investors should look for in a transaction/sponsor?
• Real estate investing has been key to building wealth for her and her investors. How does investing in apartments help build wealth and financial freedom and how is it different than investing in single family?
Connect with Arleen:
Listen to the podcast here or on your favorite podcast app:
Watch the Episode here:
Arleen Garza’ s Biography:
Real Estate Entrepreneur & Investor
Arleen Garza launched her real estate investing business in 2012. She and her husband began with a small 24-unit property which they owned and managed. They have sponsored a total of fifteen multi-family acquisitions, taking six properties full cycle with total returns as high as 370%. Currently her multifamily portfolio consists of 3,056 units as a deal sponsor and passive investor in San Antonio, Atlanta, Dallas, Jacksonville, and Houston. In 2017, she was instrumental in starting a management company which currently manages ten properties in San Antonio and Houston, employing about eighty people.
Background and Experience
Prior to establishing the real estate business, Mrs. Garza served in various key roles in the financial services industry, achieving the title of Senior Vice President. She served as National Hispanic Marketing Manager, Southwest Marketing Manager, Texas Business Banking Manager, and Human Resources Manager for Bank of America. In addition, she served as Vice President for Bank One (predecessor of Chase Bank) serving in key roles as Retail Banking Center Manager, International Private Banking Manager, and as a Credit Officer. While in these roles, Mrs. Garza appeared on national and local media programs providing education to consumers in Spanish and English on personal financial management.
After leaving the corporate world, Mrs. Garza established a consulting business through which she worked together with entrepreneurs in developing marketing strategies and human resource strategies to achieve accelerated growth. Through her work, she has seen the growth of companies in the medical, logistics, education, software, restaurant, and construction industries.
Arleen received her Bachelor’s in Business Administration in Finance from Texas Tech University. She resides in San Antonio with her husband and two children.
Awards & Certifications
• Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) and Certified Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) through the National Apartment Association • 2013 Independent Rental Owner of the Year – San Antonio Apartment Association • 2014 Property of the Year – San Antonio Apartment Association • 2016 Independent Rental Owner of the Year – San Antonio Apartment Association • 2018 Women in Real Estate Award – Connect Media Commercial Real Estate • 2019 Fastest Growing Company – San Antonio Business Journal